tiistai 27. heinäkuuta 2010

Tsägä vs. taito / Good luck versus skill

Kehuskelin pari viikkoa sitten mäkikuismakokeilullani. Juupa juu, lisää vain loraus etikkaa, niin saat kaunista roosaa.
I was so cocky about my experiments with St. John's wort the other week. Oh yeah, just add a dash of vinegar and you get a lovely rose colour.

Hyvän onnen ja taidon välinen ero tuli kerralla selväksi. Kun yritin temppua toiseen kertaan, eipä onnistunut. 
The difference between good luck and skill became soon apparent. As I tried the trick for a second time, of course it didn't work. 

Puolustukseni todettakoon, että tällä kertaa 1) puretin langan samaan aikaan värjäyksen kanssa; ja 2) mäkikuismakimppu ehti kuivua ennen kuin keitin väriliemen.
For my defence, it should be stated that this time 1) I mordanted the yarn along with the dyeing; and 2) the bunch of St. John's wort dried before I had time to cook the dye bath. 

Lisää kuvateksti
Voisikohan tuota väriä kutsua kelmeän aprikoosiksi...?
I wonder if that could be described as pallid apricot...?

Ei kommentteja: